How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
atlas1212
Last Name: Panick
First Name: Jason
Address: 1758
Phone: 8313315526

Re: Too Tired to Train

Post by atlas1212 »

Make sure to take supplements as well. Drink plenty of water.

I'm not sure I buy into "overtraining" much anymore. If you look at modern athletes (for instance MMA fighters), they train 3-4 hours a day and perform at great levels. I'm not saying that is healthy for the average person, but I think the body can be pushed quite far beyond what we normally think is "overtraining".
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

I agree with Henry that most of the times the feeling of tiredness is in your mind. When I get home from work, I usually feel tired. But I know that as soon as I get my first set of dips I will feel energized again :P. Performing the exercises in front of a mirror helps a lot because it gets you so motivated ;)
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

As I get older I realize more and more how important it is to "train don't strain." The body as you age, as pointed out above, does not recover nearly as fast as when you were younger. Twice a day, every day training is just not feasible for many as they age. Every other day is best for many people. Another thing reps are just a number, and many of us, myself included, were always trying to do more reps of an exercise, this can lead to burnout of the central nervous system over time. I have tried recently the train to almost failure system, and it quickly burns me out. I am now back permanently to doing my exercises in circuits, doing no more than 25 reps of an exercise. If I feel extra energetic, instead of pushing hard to do more reps each exercise, I just do another circuit. Some days 4 circuits of 25 reps, and on days when I feel I could take on the heavyweight champion, I might do 6-8 circuits, but hold at 25 reps. You can also, if you wish, do two circuits of an exercise upon arising, maybe another two circuits before lunch, two more circuits perhaps before dinner, and maybe two more circuits before bed. There are a lot of ways to get your exercise done without exhausting yourself completely. The DT system is very flexible, and it is understood that one size does not fit all.