Hardest Lesson To Learn

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Hardest Lesson To Learn

Post by Bridge »

I think for many people, myself definitely included, the hardest thing to learn about exercise is the sound advice given by Atlas, to train and not strain! Most of us have lived through the weight lifting, no pain, no gain mantra, being advocated in countless magazines and articles. Now that I am in my golden years, finally the message has sunk in, and I am feeling better than ever. The Atlas Course is a gem, a diamond in the rough. Read it and reread it often, as you can constantly pick up new tidbits of information that you may have overlooked before.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Hardest Lesson To Learn

Post by emfermi »

And I would add that it is also the hardest lesson to TEACH. Many of my acquaintances simply don't get it. Year in and year out they try the same thing which does not work and injuries them. Still, they get back on the same track to be beaten up. I try to explain them, but the message does not get through. They simply cannot believe that so many people are wrong. I wish them luck, they'll need it.
rocky
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: carthageTX

Post by rocky »

For me, the hardest lesson to learn Lesson Two: Nutrition. I love coffee, mustard, spices, salt, vinegar, etc. Honestly, I have never been able to live the Atlas nutrition rules for a single day. If you are a Southerner and grew up in South Louisiana eating delicious Cajun food, drinking extremely strong coffee -- need I go on?-- well, following the Atlas nutrition rules would almost make me renounce my culture and self-identity.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Post by Bridge »

Emfermi, you are so right! Many people will just not listen, as they are brainwashed by the "no pain, no gain" weightlifting mantra. I have tried to get many people to follow the Atlas program, and they say no way, weights are the only way. I guess the old expression applies to people like this, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!" :D