How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
victorp21
Last Name: Victor
First Name: Perez
Address: 510A Mystic Ave Apt 23 Somerville MA 02145
Phone: 8572048600

It makes sense to workout the Atlas way

Post by victorp21 »

The Charles Atlas Dynamic Tension Program instruct us to workout everyday twice a day in the beginning lessons. I think Atlas wants to emphazise that daily exercise should be an integral part of our daily lives just like taking a bath, eating, sleeping, etc. Contrary to today's exercise philosophy that says "no pain no gain" in which you exercise a body part to the extreme of exhaustion and then rest it the other day the philosophy of "train don't strain" is much wiser. Exercising the whole body everyday the Atlas way will give you more strenght, vitality and health througout life, and also a muscular strong body with it. :D
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: It makes sense to workout the Atlas way

Post by Bridge »

No pain, no gain, burns you out. Train, don't strain is a method you can use for life. DT builds muscle proportionately with good tone, as it works the body as a unit, and is something you can do in your old age. I know, I've reached "old age", and I train daily, doing The Perpetual Lesson. I often think back at times when I really wore myself out with the no pain, no gain mentality, compared to the way I feel doing DT. The difference is like night and day.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: It makes sense to workout the Atlas way

Post by emfermi »

"You can put a period of exercise in your daily routine just as you include shaving. You cannot escape shaving, and so you do it and do not mind about it. But you can easily put fifteen minutes or more of exercise in your morning routine and you will not mind it. Indeed you will like it because you feel so much better."

"It isn't hard work to live my way -it is easier. Life is easy to live when you have strength. You can stand to your problems and burdens. Life is hard only when you haven't strength. And I'm talking about strength of mind and body and spirit, because they all go together"

Charles Atlas, Extracts from "Are You Rich Or Poor In Strength"