How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Dynamic-Tension ®

Post by Henry Marczak »

Now that I'm retired I like to get out and about, also our social life is very active. I don't drink alcohol but go to many social gatherings and events, which keeps me feeling young.

I was reading about easy ways to meditate and one method mentioned was listening to classical music, who'd of thought eh!

I do training at home but get out and walk 2.5k to a Yoga studio every morning, I leave around 8am, don't know how long it takes as I take the river bike trail there. I start doing my Tai Chi solo forms till people start to show up for class which starts at 9:30am for 75 mins. There's one teacher that teaches a style of Yoga that incorporates much muscle tensing, very different from the regular styles and she also plays heavy metal and punk. I've asked her if she's heard of the Charles Atlas® "Dynamic-Tension®" Bodybuilding System, she's young so hasn't so I'll clue her in.

A young son of my boss when I was working, had come back from New York and asked me if I'd heard of Charles Atlas ? of course mate! and told him about the famous Dynamic-Tension® System which I've known since being 14.
DonRagsdale
Last Name: Ragsdale
First Name: Don
Address: Texas-USA
Phone: 8184037731

Re: Dynamic-Tension ®

Post by DonRagsdale »

Many thoughts and feelings surface when reflecting on how it feels to be an Atlas Student. Gratitude quickly comes to mind which will be the focus of my comments here. Following the principles outlined in the Dynamic-Tension course directly leads to an amazing increase in fitness with respect to body, mind and soul. This truly unique and invaluable system is comprehensive and, if put into practice, yields the optimum health everyone strives for. This resulting well-being of body, mind and soul allows one to live life abundantly and appreciate all that life offers. For these reasons and many more, I am forever grateful and proud to be an Atlas Student!
Jim
Last Name: Heath
First Name: James
Address: 473 Morris Avenue Providence RI 02906

Post by Jim »

Don, how long have you been an Atlas student?
I began at age 28, I'm now 79. I have to admit I took off long periods of time along the way, but I always come back to DT, sometimes only a few exercises a day.
Jim
DonRagsdale
Last Name: Ragsdale
First Name: Don
Address: Texas-USA
Phone: 8184037731

Post by DonRagsdale »

Hi Jim,
Thank you for your question. As far back as I can remember I have admired those who had strength of mind, body and character. I discovered Charles Atlas through magazine ads in my early teens. I am now 62 but following his program feel like I am 42. While I practiced many of the exercises and his other health advise that I knew of early on, I formally invested in his program when I was 22 or 23. I have invested twice more since. I am retired military and with the many moves the earlier course I invested in was sadly lost. I was worried that the second course materials were going to wear out so I purchased a 3rd course as back up. Like you, from time to time I have taken a break but always come back. As you know, it is a complete program for the development of a superbly healthy mind, body and soul. My favorite exercise is the push ups with chairs. I make the Perpetual Lesson and walking a regular practice. I love the abundance of other health promoting advise as well such as immersing oneself in a music bath. I end each day, prior to my sleep, by expressing my deepest gratitude to our most beloved Creator for his many blessings. Thank you kindly, Jim, for writing. It is always nice to hear from a fellow member of the Atlas family.
Don
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Henry Marczak wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 pm There's one teacher that teaches a style of Yoga that incorporates much muscle tensing, I've asked her if she's heard of the Charles Atlas® "Dynamic-Tension®" Bodybuilding System.
I gave this teacher an extra copy of the Atlas course I had, maybe coincidence but she now wears leopard skin print leggings.
Kev12Atlas
Last Name: SPIREK
First Name: KEVIN
Address: N10002 Padre Pio Drive
Phone: 6084036253

Post by Kev12Atlas »

Henry Marczak, do you do your Charles Atlas exercises, daily, before your long walks? Also, do you try, maybe, a few dynamic tension exercises, then try walking?With me, on a dynamic tension day, I"ll get 3-5 exercises, picking one's to work body parts I might miss from my 1-2 powerlifting/weightlifting workouts per week. Favorite exercises include the valve raises, squats on toes( holding on to a chair for balance), wrist and finger exercises. I know that if Charles Atlas were alive, he would expect high reps, but, I don't stress much on two number, but to stimulate and not annihilate the muscles( I think Lee Haney is attributed to count that phrase). When I was younger(11 years old), I would start with lesson 1, and do all the listed exercises; now, I will pick an exercise or two from a lesson to work on a couple weak areas. Been trying with weights for 39 years; the Charles Atlas system, U believe, will keep my body leaner and more flexible as I get older.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Kev, I get up at 5am have breakfast then by 7am do 1/2 an hour of tai chi form which include sword and sabre forms, I've been starting with tai chi everyday since Covid. My workout days are now split, today was chest and arms, tomorrow will be abs, then each day changes, leg day, back and shoulders day. Also at the mo have 2 hot yoga days.
Kev12Atlas
Last Name: SPIREK
First Name: KEVIN
Address: N10002 Padre Pio Drive
Phone: 6084036253

Post by Kev12Atlas »

Henry, I have seen tai chi being done in China from online. It seems like older Chinese will use tai chi as a form of exercise to stay fit. However, online, I see it being used as a form of self defense. Even as one who doesn't practice this ancient martial arts/ exercise method, Henry, your sword practice could even be counted as someone else's WOD( workout of the day). 1-2 Charles Atlas body part workouts, five days per week, seems a smart approach as you are consistently working important muscle groups at least once per week.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

In China, Tai Chi is like an Olympic event, look up Tai Chi competition, you'll see it's not the old folks thing most think of. My Tai Chi is fairly advanced, I use the movements for mobility and balance. Tai Chi is actually a martial art, but in the West it has become more of an exercise method. Tia Chi has also evolved into a dance style and there are also completions.