How long to tone up

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
ttiros1
Last Name: s
First Name: thomas
Address: Virginia

How long to tone up

Post by ttiros1 »

I left DT about 4-5 years ago. I did a lot of biking so I am in shape. I’ve started the upper body work outs again. My question is now that I’m 72 I’ve lost my muscle tone in my chest and arms; my legs are real tight looking still, so how long before I can see results? Meaning my chest and arms looking toned.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: How long to tone up

Post by Henry Marczak »

The best plan is to train consistently, see what results you get. It's not an over-night thing, give it a good 3 months.
ttiros1

Post by ttiros1 »

Thanks. We haven’t communicated for 5-6 years. It’s good to hear from you again. You were the first person I thought of when I returned here. I tried to PM you but a message came up you went private.
I’m doing parts of each lessons in the morning and the perpetuals in the evening. Thanks for
responding. Good luck in retirement. I retired almost 4 years ago and moved from outside Washington DC to a small rural community in southern Virginia. Very quite and peaceful.
Be safe!!
Kev12Atlas
Last Name: SPIREK
First Name: KEVIN
Address: N10002 Padre Pio Drive
Phone: 6084036253

Post by Kev12Atlas »

Ttiros1, bodyweight exercises, such as pushups, dips, and pullups/chinups should work well for chest and arms. However, start slow with the reps( better to use stricter form with few reps than halfway downs for many reps). Since you are more of an endurance athlete, would try to gradually increase the reps, and, see how it goes.
ttiros1

Post by ttiros1 »

Good advice, thank you sir.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

beyond push-ups

Post by Henry Marczak »

Do lots of the Dynamic Tension exercises, tensing/flexing the muscles.
ttiros1

Post by ttiros1 »

Thanks, that’s been my game plan. Not that I need it, but because of my health issues I stated earlier my wife is asking always did you do your DT.