Swimming

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
njworkoutguy
Last Name: broniszewski
First Name: stan
Address: 73 Irving Place garfield NJ 07026
Phone: 9734787991

Re: Swimming

Post by njworkoutguy »

I dunno. If I was forced to swim nude, I'd probably look for a time when nobody was present so I could swim in my shorts. I'd never have a pack of guys gawk at me in the buff. Best to check the rules before signing up.
hr3george
Last Name: Robbins
First Name: George
Address: 2060B Montreat Drive Vestavia AL 35216
Phone: 2055150469

Post by hr3george »

Update. In the last year I have checked out 4 different private men's clubs that offered adult swimming classes. Everyone of them are also no suits in the pool. I must be living in a bubble because this now seems to be a common practice. I am going to do the Y since it has the cheapest fee. First class tomorrow evening.
hr3george

Post by hr3george »

Unfortunately, I found myself in a position to have to do the Y. My wife and I are going on a cruise next month, and I have always been one of those people who believe "it can happen to you." And after seeing that cruise ship wrecked last week, no way would I get on a boat without knowing how to swim. For anyone out there who may find themselves in a similar predicament, here is my experience.

There were 2 other guys in the class. The guy at the front office took us to the locker room where we met our teacher, who was already naked. He assigned our lockers and had us strip completely. The worst part was having to walk from the locker room to the pool. We had to walk past other guys working out on machines and doing weight training. Before getting in the pool the teacher had us do basic exercises and stretches. Exercising naked feels very weird. We got through it by rationalizing that we would have seen each other changing and showering in the locker room anyway. But it still is something I hope to never have to do again.

By the end of the week we became friends and I introduced them to Charles Atlas, and both are ordering the course.
ttiros1
Last Name: s
First Name: thomas
Address: Virginia

Post by ttiros1 »

When I was a kid in 1957 we had to swim in the nude.
hr3george

Post by hr3george »

ttiros1 wrote:When I was a kid in 1957 we had to swim in the nude.
Looks like I will be in 2012 LOL Included in the class fee was a one year free membership. Plan to hit the pool with the other guys from my class once a week.