some isometric exercises

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Hezi Malamud
Last Name: Malamud
First Name: Yehezkel
Address: Kfar Saba - Israel

some isometric exercises

Post by Hezi Malamud »

Something I don't understand: Are in DT some isometric exercises? I think yes. It isn't clear from me.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Re: some isometric exercises

Post by combat crew »

Hi Hezi,

I am sorry, I don't quite understand your question, maybe you could clarify it ?

all the best Ian
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Hezi, DT HAS some isometric exercises, but only a few. If you review the course, you will find exercises that reach a position and instruct to hold at maximum tension for at least 5 seconds. Those are isometrics. Tension of the muscle without movement. To help you out, I have included the following definition:

"Isometric exercise or isometrics: A type of strength training in which the joint angle and muscle length do not change during contraction. Isometrics are done in static positions, rather than being dynamic through a range of motion. The joint and muscle are either worked against an immovable force (overcoming isometric) or are held in a static position while opposed by resistance (yielding isometric)"

Many people have the misconception that Dynamic Tension is purely composed of isometric exercises which is very far from the truth. Most of the exercises are isotonic in nature. That's because most of the exercises call for movement, besides the tension and self-resistance of muscle pitting. Hope this clears the picture for you :P
Hezi Malamud
Last Name: Malamud
First Name: Yehezkel
Address: Kfar Saba - Israel

Post by Hezi Malamud »

Hi combat crew. My question was if there are isometric exercises in DT.
pegasus
Last Name: Thompson
First Name: Robert
Address: 723 Folsom Lane 90 Lincoln NE 68522

Post by pegasus »

Which lessons are isometric and what exercises. I haven't got to those yet. I'm just wondering