Listen To Your Body

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Listen To Your Body

Post by Bridge »

We all should follow the DT program as outlined as nearly as possible. However, there are times when you are really exhausted from the strains of daily living, and working out morning and evening may be a real strain sometimes. What I do is "listen" to my body. When you need a rest, take off a day, it won't really hurt you. You'll come back refreshed, full of vigor and eager to work out again.
stanssoapbox
Last Name: Barlow
First Name: Simon
Address: 59 Grange Drive Melton Mowbray Leicestershire

Re: Listen To Your Body

Post by stanssoapbox »

Thats good advice, we all need to take the odd day off from time to time but rather than allow yourself to feel dissheartened about your missed session it is far better to turn a day or a weekend off into a positive thing by seeing it as a necessary recovery day, allowing your body to recuperate and develope. I allways come back stronger and the dips seem more effortless whenever I come back after a day off, esspecially if that day off was preceded by a week of consistant daily training.

So long as you try to make recovery days as consistant as possible and part of a routine in itself. For example I try to stick to my routine all week every week and reward myself by having one or two days off every weekend. If I do miss a day off mid week then I set a goal of at least six days solid right through the weekend before I miss another day.

Myself having completed the course I am adapting and expiriementing by adding excercisers from the 12 lessons to the Perpetual lesson and also following the Ten Steps To a Better Body wall chart and my workouts are more intense than thet use to be, so this is why I have incorporated recovery days into my routine but I am not adviseing any student who is currently following the 12 lessons to go against any of the instruction given. Except to not be afraid to listen to your body and allow it to rest if you feel it needs to and then restart with a positive mental attitude, even re read some of the inspirational passagers in the lessons which is something I do all the time to help motivate myself to restart training after a short break.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: Listen To Your Body

Post by Bridge »

Yes, we all need rest and reward. If we labor at something and obtain no reward of any kind, we feel burned out.