Pyramids Or Ladders?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Pyramids Or Ladders?

Post by Bridge »

Does anyone train using the pyramid or ladder method of exercising? I have tried both and prefer the ladder method. In ladders you start at the bottom and work up. I do reps of 10-20-30-40-50 of pushups, situps, squats, and leg raises. I have tried pyramids where you work up and then down, 50-40-30-20-10, and I prefer doing the ladder method twice, which entails doing 300 reps of each exercise, doing one ladder in the morning, and one in the evening. Which method works best for you?
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Pyramids Or Ladders?

Post by emfermi »

I have changed my training scheme two weeks ago (I will post about it soon) and I am performing all the bodyweight type exercises using pyramids. I go around them like this. My base number is my usual number of repetitions divided by 6. Hence, if I usually manage 30 reps of a given exercise, I would perform a pyramid in 5 reps increments (5, 10, 15...). I rest between sets the time it took me to perform my last set, i.e. if I just did 10 reps, I rest for a time equal to the time I spent doing those 10 reps. Then I go and tackle 15 reps. Since I am an Atlas student, I do not hit muscle failure in any of my sets, but only come close to the fatigue point. I perform 2 pyramids per exercise and it really makes for a great workout :D