My New Training Scheme

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

My New Training Scheme

Post by emfermi »

Late last year, I came up with the idea of extending the concept of rotating lessons when doing the Perpetual Lesson. What I figured out was that it would be nice to practice the Perpetual lesson (PL) and add a lesson of your interest every week, as when doing the 12 week course. For example, one week you would do the PL + Lesson 6 for the back. Next week, you can perform the PL + Lesson 11 for the hands and forearms.

Since the PL takes me around 30 minutes to complete and to keep my training time below an hour, when I redid the 12 week course again during the start of this year, I noted which exercises I found the most demanding from each lesson. Thus I made a kind of summary of 5 exercises per lesson. So when I add a lesson each week, I only add these 5 exercises, for a total of 13 exercises (8 from the perpetual plus the 5 from my summarized lesson). So my routine looks like this:

Morning
1. Dips (4 sets)
2. Deep-knee bends (3 sets)
3. Sit-ups (3 sets)

Night
1. Walk 3 miles
2. All 8 exercises from the Perpetual lesson
3. All 5 exercises from the summarized lesson (If bodyweight exercise, 3 sets. If isotonic, 2 sets)

I've being keeping up this training regime for the last 6 weeks and it has being working wonders!!! Besides gaining a little muscle, I have lost weight and look more ripped than before 8-) Also, it keeps me more motivated to train because each week my routine changes.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: My New Training Scheme

Post by Bridge »

Great routine, Luis! And keep up that walking! It's something that you can do for life, that gives so much benefit.
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

My family and I have always loved walking. Since I was a little kid, my father would take me for long walks. Besides the exercise, I came to know my city very well thanks to it. He taught me to walk at a good pace. I simply love it!!!
ttiros
Last Name: soterakos
First Name: thomas
Address: kensington maryland

Post by ttiros »

I read your post, are you alternating workouts with the PL workouts or do you do this workout everyday.
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

Ttiros, I do this workout as outlined from Monday to Saturday. That does not mean that I push myself to the limit. I workout with the "Train, Don't Strain" mantra and have not experienced any soreness any time. Sometimes I'll tackle each exercise at a time or sometimes I will do small circuits of the bodyweight type exercises (2-3 exercises). If for whatever reason I feel a bit tired, I may rest a day. Hope this clears up your doubt.
ttiros
Last Name: soterakos
First Name: thomas
Address: kensington maryland

Post by ttiros »

Sure does. Thanks. I guess I really need to train not to strain.
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

"Train, Don't Strain" is the key. As Bridge once posted, Charles Atlas designed DT for life. If you follow it according to it's rules, it will keep you fit and good looking for life!