Starting course

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Ten41
Last Name: Jones
First Name: Thomas
Address: 11862 Fred Harvey Rd Sanderson Fl 32087

Starting course

Post by Ten41 »

I have been a viewer of this website for some time. Due to the usual routines of life that allow me to make excuses I have never really given a real go on the course.

A while back I emailed and asked (just to make sure!) if I could track what I was doing web wise. The CA folks were glad to say yes, with the caveat of not telling anything about the exercises.

To make a long story short, I am going to be starting on April 24th, and have created a blog to track what I am doing.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Starting course

Post by emfermi »

Ten41, you will not regret starting the course. It is amazing! The blog is a great idea because it will help you keep a record of your progress and share your experience with us all!!! Remember to "train, don't strain". I would recommend you to read in advance the last two pages of lesson 6 because it explains in more detail what Mr. Atlas means by it. I wish you success in this new road!!!
Ten41

Post by Ten41 »

emfermi, I appreciate your advice!

Even with being careful, I am a little bit sore from the first few days. I only did 2x10 reps for the dips. I did not get tired, I think I am just way out of practice. I do many small menial labor tasks, but not enough duration, or enough during the day to keep me in shape.

It is actually quite embarassing how bad I have let myself get into shape. But, as I have started, and intend to see it through, I will just keep in my minds eye that I will be getting better and better as the weeks go on.
Ten41

Post by Ten41 »

Well, I have started Lessons 2 & 3!

I have posted my stats as of the 2 week period. While not any noticeable gain, it still feels like a good start. If nothing else, it is the discipline of doing the exercises!

I need to post my two week photo. I haven't taken that yet, but will do tomorrow and get it up on the website.
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

Ten41, very neat blog!!! Don't forget to upload some photos!!! I wish I could have carried out something similar when I started :cry:

PD: I have send you a personal message which I hope might help you
Ten41

Post by Ten41 »

emfermi-

I uploaded the two week picture onto the blog. I forgot to post that I did so!

Thanks for all of your help and advice!
Ten41

Post by Ten41 »

I have more pictures up! I don't really like the way they display, but they are there!

I also have the updated measurements.
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

Mitch, its nice to see in your blog that the tape is starting to show a progress and you've lost some weight too! Hang in there and the results you expect will be yours. I really like your blog, I check it everyday. Makes me remember when I first did the Atlas course myself.

Best wishes,
Luigi
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

Mitch, very nice results so far! ;) A consistent weight loss of 2.5 lbs per 2 weeks, a very impressive gain in forearms and a nice gain in upper arm. Definitely you are losing fat around the chest (upper back also), but also building up lung capacity since your expanded measurement is the same. Very encouraging waist and hips measurement loss. Those are very serious numbers! Since you practice walking everyday (which is something Mr. Atlas also encourages), I would recommend you to read Exercise 1 for Thigh & Legs from Lesson 8 and apply the directions to your walking inmediately. Hope you can solve the problem with the size of the photographs.
emfermi

Post by emfermi »

Mitch, congratulations for finishing the course!!! You really sticked to it and did it on your first try, that is great and shows a lot of commitment!!! That you have managed to convince your wife to try it with you this second time around it is such a great idea. Hope you like the old lesson rotation as much as I do.