Tough life makes restarting harder

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
sailordave
Last Name: Bordelon
First Name: David
Address: 1112 Lebesque Rd Lot 19 Lafayette LA 70507

Tough life makes restarting harder

Post by sailordave »

Things in life just seem to get in the way of working out. Wife's multiple spinal surgeries, her 85 year old dad living with us so we can care for him, and all the stress and aggravation of a complete renovation of our hospital while it's still being used as a hospital (I work in the boiler room) all seem to get in the way. Recently I had to cut a padlock off an employee's locker. Almost couldn't do it. When I was doing DT I could easily cut the locks off without hardly any effort. Almost finished my first week. My work schedule doesn't make it any easier. Here's an example: Tuesday 11pm-7am 7 days straight, 2 days off, Thursday 3pm-11pm 7 days straight, 2 days off, Saturday 7am-3pm 6 days straight, 4 days off, start rotation over again.
ttiros
Last Name: soterakos
First Name: thomas
Address: kensington maryland

Re: Tough life makes restarting harder

Post by ttiros »

I know the feeling. I too only have one day off a week. I get up one hour before i would normally and work out. I also manage to do dips,toe raises and bicep exercises at work. It is hard but the gains are worth it for me...good luck
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Re: Tough life makes restarting harder

Post by emfermi »

The best we can do is accept the conditions we have and adapt to them. Sometimes we concentrate so much on the problems that we cannot see the solution ;). For example, try only one set for every exercise instead of multiple sets. Do at home only the exercises that requiere to lie down like sit-ups and dips and do the rest at odd times. A little exercise is better than none. Also, it is much easier to keep muscle and strength compared to building it. Happy training :D