when and where do you walk?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
ejoe4655p
Last Name: Pope
First Name: Joe
Address: aaaaaa

Re: when and where do you walk?

Post by ejoe4655p »

Google maps has a distance measuring feature. I used it to plot out my route. I'm not actually up to the walking lesson but figured I'd work up to it. I can take a fairly long lunch break so I walk around city blocks. Have to stop sometimes, which is not ideal. This winter I'll probably go back to my stationary bike when it's too cold outdoors.
Jabbers
Last Name: John
First Name: Ball
Address: Australia
Phone: 0401910309

Post by Jabbers »

My two black dogs are my best reasons for walking we do 5km a night . I like walking and I listen to music while I am at it.
I usely stop in the park for DT and continue on I always feel better after a good walk and like spending time with my dogs .
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Sometimes on the job site I'll do a run from A to B.
ejoe4655p
Last Name: Pope
First Name: Joe
Address: aaaaaa

Post by ejoe4655p »

You're taking good care of your dogs too Jabber, as I'm sure you know. I bet they love it. Next dog I get I'm going to take him out with me too.
Jabbers

Post by Jabbers »

The best excuse for going for a walk is my two dogs. I really enjoy walking in the last 18 months I have walked around 2000km odd . I usely stop in the park for some DT along the way I listen to music to keep pumping alone !
Really the dogs take me for a walk .
Jabbers

Post by Jabbers »

Well this is a secound attemp to post on the subject of walking but it looks like its not working !
Any way the best excuse I have for walking is my two dogs I love spending time with them and reallly like
Walking we have covered over 2000km in the last 18 months at about 5km odd a day it's great I
Usely stop for some DT in the park along the way and listening music is good to while I am at it
Walking always makes me feel good!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Me and my wife walk as much as we can. At work I have use of a pick-up but the guy who does all the clean-up jobs has it all the time, so I end up walking back and forth getting things I need for certain jobs. I think I'm gonna have to start running a bit more.
Jabbers

Post by Jabbers »

Well I worked out what I was doing wrong anyway nice Henry ! On the days I stay on the ground I am allways walking around getting gear pulling out service cable or rolling up old conductor . When I go to the line truck I stop and do a few atlas push ups /dips of the side of the toolboxes !
The young blokes like to have a bit of a dig but it's all fun most of the young blokes play footy an pump iron !
Jabbers

Post by Jabbers »

Sorry for the double posting blokes just getting use to the set up dummy me!
Jabbers

Post by Jabbers »

ejoe4655p wrote:You're taking good care of your dogs too Jabber, as I'm sure you know. I bet they love it. Next dog I get I'm going to take him out with me too.
It really makes a difference walking the dogs the looks I get as there sitting there waiting for me to finish my DT is a laugh !