How Do You Do The Perpetual Lesson?

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Re: How Do You Do The Perpetual Lesson?

Post by geosta »

From the perpetual lesson, I am doing exercises 1 through 4 in the morning as I get up and 5 through 8 at night, before getting into bed, exactly as Atlas recommends.

The only exercise that I have added are the pull ups that I am doing before the 4 night exercises.

I also try to walk as long as I can when I am going from home to work, taking different routes every day.

At noon, I am doing the breathing and streching exercises from lesson 12 and I try to reread lesson 2 every week or so to keep me in a well balance diet.
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
Arjuna
Last Name: Del Toro
First Name: Ken
Address: 1155 Camino Del Mar PMB 178 Del Mar CA 92014

Post by Arjuna »

Out of curiosity, do you think it is a problem to do the Perpetual Lesson both in the mornings and the evenings (all 8 exercises)?

Just trying to be strategic and see if doing them morning and night would be too much or okay for the short term, to coax the spirit and body back into the habit of working out daily. I do Yoga and Tai Chi as well, hoping the Perpetual Lesson twice a day will increase the good habit quicker and aid in gaining flexibility in my body. :)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Arjuna, I have practiced the perpetual lesson twice a day the first time I finished the 12 week course. It can be done if you follow the advice of "train, do not strain". It is very easy to overtrain if you do not do so. Check how do you feel at the end of each trainig sessón. If after you shower you feel energized and as if you could tackle it again, everything is going fine :D If on the other hand you start feeling drained, experience trouble sleeping or anything unordinary for you, cut down the volume.

I have one question for you, why do you want to do the perpetual lesson before going through the 12 week course :?:
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Emfermi, thanks for the information and letting me know it's okay to do it twice; as you have and as long as I don't strain myself (good advice)!

I'm definitely not straining myself, honestly; I feel I could push harder but don't want to risk injuring myself in the process.

In regards to your question: why do you want to do the perpetual lesson before going through the 12 week course :?:

Actually, I have gone through the 12 week course; not too long ago and was trying to find something that wasn't as demanding time wise (due to work and other activities). Honestly, I've been reading the forum quite a bit and it's great to hear how everyone has benefited from the Charles Atlas course.

I feel the Perpetual Lesson is a little less time-consuming and was thinking twice a day wouldn't be bad. Thanks again for answering my question. Now that I think about it, I'll probably do the Perpetual Lesson once a day and put more effort into it. The other part of the day, I either do Yoga, Tai Chi, and/or other bodyweight exercises that are more Yoga related.

I know you have posted quite a bit and are quite knowledgeable about Exercise, etc... The one thing that I haven't truly followed is the Walking 3 miles a day, which is probably what I need the most. :) You are all inspirational on this forum, why is Walking so difficult; I even live near the beach (but don't like the sand). I was thinking of possibly walking backwards (slowly) up a hill or hill sprints forward, not sure if Charles Atlas mentioned anything about hill sprints; although, we know he loved to run. :)

Gracias Y Ciao!
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Arjuna, thanks for the kind words. We are all here to help each other and share our experience. In this forum there are many knowledgeable people, many of whom have been training for many years and people that are new to training. I have learned from them all.

As far as the non-walking habit you talk about, the answer is simple: it still is not a habit for you. How can you make it a habit by finding a spot in your schedule for walking ans sticking to it. Just as we all did when we started training. For me it worked to walk before my afternoon training session. My office was then like 3 miles from home, so I just walked there. I was kind of my warm-up and when I got home I really wanted to exercise and got straight into it. I had a small snack an hour before leaving which consisted of a large glass of milk and a banana. Bottomline, experiment and find how YOU can make it happen!!! :D
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Emfermi, thank you for your suggestions. Yes, I am looking to see what the best approach to take is. I will experiment as you say and do what works best and one I can stick with. 8-)

It's great to know, we can learn from everyone on this site!

Thanks again.