Hello Everyone

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Greg Hall
Last Name: Hall
First Name: Gregory
Address: 24 Kathkin Avenue Crumpsall manchester england
Phone: 07957643363

Hello Everyone

Post by Greg Hall »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post.

I bought the course a few years ago but never got round to starting it.
Well I have been doing it recently for the las 38 days.
First 2 weeks just lesson one then 1 2 and 3.
I did it once a day for the first week then twice a day for the second week.
I plan on doing that as each part changes to the next set of exercises.
I got up to 100 press ups in the morning and hundred in the night.
Same on the spine abs and neck.
I think its a real good workout with much scope for progression.
Seeing great results and feel more powerful and stronger.

I love all the little positive mantras and confidence boosters too.

With all the diet info as well it all makes for a very holistic workout.

Gotta go chair dips are calling !

I am a martial artist and it definateley improves my strikes.

Greg Hall
Arjuna
Last Name: Del Toro
First Name: Ken
Address: 1155 Camino Del Mar PMB 178 Del Mar CA 92014

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Arjuna »

Hi Greg,

Welcome to the forum, I am a new member myself and have enjoyed the many benefits of the Charles Atlas exercises. I'm into Martial Arts too. :)

That's great that you are feeling more powerful and stronger, be sure to do the deep-breathing. I've been incorporating more Qigong into my practice and find that helps with the strikes too (although, I do Tai Chi; softer style of Martial Arts).

Agreed, this forum is an excellent resource for inspiration, motivation, tips, etc...

Looks like you are progressing very well in your Dips. I'm looking to do a lot on my 50th birthday, just for the fun of it.

I've been reading some of these posts and it's incredible what some of these individuals can do and it is contributed to Charles Atlas. Individuals a lot older than me, have done incredible amounts of exercise; Navy Seal training at 70? Anyway, you get the picture; they are hardcore and I give them credit.

I need to push myself more without straining, like Charles Atlas says; "Train, Don't Strain".

Keep up the excellent training, both with Charles Atlas and your Martial Arts. I'm sure there are quite a few Martial Artists that follow Charles Atlas. 8-)
Greg Hall

Post by Greg Hall »

The course is great because you can do it anywhere, you don,t need any equipment and you can totally get as much tension as you want by just adjusting the pressure. So unlike weights you never need a spotter. Its the only course that i have woke up truly buzzing to do it. I call it ten to charlie. i find the chi kung and yoga great supplemnets to the course. The scope for variation and varying progressions make it viable for anyone. everyone can get something out of the course because you just do more reps or put more pep onto the exercises !
Greg Hall

Post by Greg Hall »

The course is great because you can do it anywhere, you don,t need any equipment and you can totally get as much tension as you want by just adjusting the pressure. So unlike weights you never need a spotter. Its the only course that i have woke up truly buzzing to do it. I call it ten to charlie. i find the chi kung and yoga great supplemnets to the course. The scope for variation and varying progressions make it viable for anyone. everyone can get something out of the course because you just do more reps or put more pep onto the exercises ! I love the deep breathing exercises straight after the chair dips cos your breathing a bit !
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Welcome to the forum Greg!!! Hope those strikes keep getting stronger ;)