Starting back up

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Mickey
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Solar
Address: 5205 Sturgeon Ct Waldorf md

Starting back up

Post by Mickey »

HEY GUYS, MICKEY HERE. AFTER A LONG ABSENCE, AND THE THOUGHT THAT LIFTING HEAVY WEIGHTS WOULD GET ME BACK TO WHERE I WANTED TO BE PHYSICALLY. I WAS WRONG. I GAINED WEIGHT (NOT THE GOOD KIND) AND GOT HURT. AFTER TWO UNSUCSESSFULL ATTEMPTS AT "INSANITY", HURT MYSELF BOTH TIMES WITHIN 3 WEEKS OF STARTING. I AM BACK TO DT. I WILL COMMIT TO THE 12 WEEK PROGRAM. I HAVE BEEN EATING PALEO FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS, SO I WILL STICK WITH THAT FOR MY DIET. I AM STARTING THIS MONDAY (LABOR DAY) 9-3-2012. I HAVE A VINTAGE PROGRAM THAT IS THE FORMAT I WILL FOLLOW. I WILL POST STATS IN THE MORNING, AND IF I CAN FIGURE IT OUT PICS AS WEEL. I WILL BE USING THIS POST AS MY TRAINING LOG. SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ME.
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: Starting back up

Post by Bridge »

Great decision, Mickey! Just remember to "train and not strain" as advised by Atlas. Just stay with the program, as it is well proven, and consistency is the key to success.
Jabbers
Last Name: John
First Name: Ball
Address: Australia
Phone: 0401910309

Post by Jabbers »

Great move Mickey I am about seven weeks in I find it hard to fit the morning work out in due to my work etc but I have been making it up in the afternoon and before I go to bed its making difference I just feel better in genral .
I did go a little over board with the arms yesterday what surprises me is how much of a pump I can get going as compared to lifting a DB when I really put in with the DT my arms are sore today !
Any way good luck with your training Mickey.
John.
ttiros1
Last Name: s
First Name: thomas
Address: Virginia

Post by ttiros1 »

I too switched from DT and went to the thick workout bands. I never got hurt using DT. Using the bands I tore a ligament
In my thumb. Never again will I leave DT. It truly is the best system there is.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

Great decision Mickey!!!! DT is great beacuse it is all natural. Put your mind in the muscle you are training and you will see results in no time. As Mr. Atlas said, exercise with a WILL. If you would "TRAIN, DON'T STRAIN", the results you are looking for will surely come!!!! :P
Mickey
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Solar
Address: 5205 Sturgeon Ct Waldorf md

Post by Mickey »

Back up and going strong. Starting lesson 3 tomorrow sans the enima, not going to do that sorry charlie. Knocked off 100 dips today. Slacked on the walking this week. I plan on picking it back up in the morning. I am also going to weight in tomorrow, my starting weight was 204lbs. My clothes seem to fit better but would also like to drop to around 180 lbs but as long as i loose the gut i dont care. Thanks for listening.
Mickey
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

It seems for me that lifting weights makes me want to eat more in an attempt to gain mass, but that mass ends up just being fat around the waist. Following a system like Dynamic Tension make you not eat for mass gains and keep slim and trim. I don't see the point of gaining mass and getting a fat belly. Eating more mindful small portions will keep your waist trim and show that 6 pack, I don't follow a diet plan just eat healthy natural food as much as possible. I think the key to success with Dynamic Tension is doing it everyday.