Flexitarian Diet

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Flexitarian Diet

Post by Henry Marczak »

Seems like in Canada there's a trend for the flexitarian diet, basically advising people to eat a lot less meat and following a flexitarian diet plan. I have been vegan and vegetarian, flexitarian seems like a good plan.

A major meat company now has products called 50/50.
It’s 50% premium meat, 50% natural and plant-based ingredients. It’s for Canadian families that want to eat less meat, without giving up meat.
There are 4 products available: Burgers, Dinner sausages, Breakfast sausages and Grounds.

50/50™ contains pea protein (a plant-based ingredient), and other natural ingredients like cane sugar, beet powder, canola oil and spice.
TheShadow
Last Name: Kruse
First Name: Chuck
Address: Pennsylvania

Re: Flexitarian Diet

Post by TheShadow »

I tried vegan/vegetarian eating, tried carnivore (meat only), and had trouble with both. The only thing that seems to work for me is the Paleo diet. You eat animals and plants. No grains, no bread, no processed anything. It's not a bad method.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Flexitarian Diet

Post by Henry Marczak »

I grew up in the North of England, Salford Lancashire. Meat was a luxury then and didn't get much, mu mum would make a big batch of cabbage rolls but it was mostly rice and very small amount of ground beef. So my normal eating has mostly been that way even though I've lived in Canada since Nov '72 and many here are all about huge meat portions. I don't follow any diet I eat what I like which does include bread and grains, I'm 67 and have no health issues, no medication. My wife and I do eat fairly healthy, some say very healthy.