95 and going strong

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
rocky
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: carthageTX

95 and going strong

Post by rocky »

I am a pastor of a church in East Texas. Something happened tonight that I wanted to share with you. Our "stage," if you want to call it that, is about eight feet high. You have to walk up steps to get to it. One of my deacons, who is 95 years old, walked unassisted up the steps to pray over a young man being ordained to the deacon ministry. After the prayer he signed the ordaination certificate and walked down the steps. This time he was assisted, but didn't really need it. I stood at a table and made sure they signed on the right line, etc. and noticed that his signature was perfect. There was absolutely no shake whatsoever. I mean it,there was NONE. Most of the deacons 75 or older had some shake. One man in his eighties had an illegible signature.

The man who is 95 walks several miles a day and has done so for many, many years. He has done situps during his entire adult life every day. I have never asked him if he were an Atlas man, but he certainly has something approaching an Atlas lifestyle. BTW, I have never heard him say a bad word about anyone or anything. He has a positive mental outlook on life and others. He never wastes his energy on worry. So, he thinks like an Atlas man, too.

I just thought you might like to know what an Atlas lifestyle could do for you, even when you are 95. :shock:
Bridge
Last Name: Boggs
First Name: Robert
Address: 1444 Midfield Drive

Re: 95 and going strong

Post by Bridge »

DT can really help you as you age. Doing pushups enables older people to maintain the strength to get up if they should fall down. It is said that walking 3 miles a day as advised by Atlas, adds years to your life. DT is a complete lifetime course for all ages.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

Should I live to be 95, or whatever, I do hope I'm still walking 3 miles a day, and doing that DT exercises unabated. I don't want to be decrepit in my old age, nor confined to a nursing home.
geosta
Last Name: Stathis
First Name: George
Address: Amfipoleos 18-20 54454 Thessaloniki Greece
Phone: 2310921682

Post by geosta »

This is a very inspiring story that you shared with us Rocky.

Thank you.
"Give every man more in use value
than you take from him in cash value;
then you are adding to the life of the
world
by every business transaction"

Wallace D. Wattles
Ware
Last Name: ware
First Name: ryan
Address: my house

Post by Ware »

Thanks for sharing, Rocky. The positive attitude that you mention is one of the best things going for the Charles Atlas course. I'm a big Dale Carnegie fan too.
Prior Aelred
Last Name: Glidden
First Name: Aelred
Address: 56500 Abbey Road Three Rivers MI 49093
Phone: 2692445893

Post by Prior Aelred »

Well, genetics helps! But the basis is diet, exercise & rest. Most Americans don't eat right, don't exercise & don't get enough sleep. It all adds up!Charles Atlas is about being fit & healthy. If you do the course, it really works!
rocky
Last Name: Hill
First Name: Kirby
Address: carthageTX

Post by rocky »

It is now 2011. The man I spoke of is now 98, and he is just as strong as he was a few years ago. Its an amazing story.
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

I see lots of "old" guys who only look old from the face up. From the face down they have bodies that beat those of guys in their 20s.