Nutrition

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
ca_admin
Site Admin

Nutrition

Post by ca_admin »

Many people feel that exercise alone will get them the body they crave. Nutrition is a key factor in achieving your goals. Cut out sugary foods, white rice, white bread and anything else that takes you away from your goal. These foods not only slow you down, but help you to gain weight. They are also not great for your overall health and wellness. If you decide to have one item now and then that is not healthy then that is ok, it is when you start having it every day. Remember moderation is key.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: white rice

Post by Henry Marczak »

When I bought rice it was always par-boiled converted long grain, then we started cooking with basmati rice from India. What I have found now is extra long grain par-boiled converted that never saw before, it comes from Pakistan. Really good.
Henry Marczak

Re: sugary food

Post by Henry Marczak »

I'm not much into sugary food, but on occasion a good quality ice cream waffle cone (quite rare). I do drink coffee (black) and also not very often a slice of quality banana walnut cake from a bakery coffee shop. Sometimes my wife will bake cinnamon rolls with a no-knead white bread recipe, somewhat quite sugary but then I only get one, the rest are for her hiking friends after hike hang-out.
Henry Marczak

Maltodextrin

Post by Henry Marczak »

Don't care to have a load of Maltodextrin, read it could lead to alterations in the gut microbiome. My neghbour buys is suppose to cut her sugar but doesn't realize maltodextrin is basically the same as sugar but isn't listed as such on labels, so something could say low sugar but have a load of maltodextrin which is a carb.

I've noticed with some Whey Protein powders to have Maltodextrin but how much I wonder. Maltodextrin is said to spike insulin and Whey protein the same, which I've read can cause insulin resistance.