Ten Steps To A Better Body & Perpetuals. Combining the two.

How it feels to follow the principals of "Dynamic-Tension®"
stanssoapbox
Last Name: Barlow
First Name: Simon
Address: 59 Grange Drive Melton Mowbray Leicestershire

Ten Steps To A Better Body & Perpetuals. Combining the two.

Post by stanssoapbox »

Hi gang. I completed the full 12 lesson course about four years ago but havn't managed to be able to stick with the daily "Perpetual" course athough I keep restarting every few months or so even leaving it for over a year once.

That is untill I ordered the "Ten Steps To A better Body" at the start of December which I have stuck too
once a day several times a week up untill now four months later, with satisfying results I believe.

I am aware that the "Ten Steps" neglects the lower back and the bicepts but I just draw excercise no.5 and excercise no.6 from the "Perpetuals" and that fills in the gaps making the routine a complete all round body plan. I have just completed 6 days continious and I do not intend to be missing any days in the future.

However I have reached the point where I feel I need to workout twice daily so from tomorow morning I intend to start a new routine of doing the Ten Steps in the morning before work and the Perpetuals immiediatly after work.

The Perpetuals that I will be doing in the evening will not only give me the chance to work on the calves and neck but also it will enable me to have a shorter workout in the mornings when time is limited because I will not have to add bicept and lower back excercisers to my Ten Steps morning routine.

Also the Perpetuals in the evening will not be such an ordeal to face because I will not need to add a full shoulder and upper back workout to it because the Ten Steps in the morning fully covers these body areas with the Rope Pulls, the Finger Locks and the Deltoid Flies.

To summerize I will be doing the "Ten Steps To A Better Body" course in the mornings and the "Perpetual Daily Excercisers" in the evenings thus working out my chest, tricepts, upper and lower stomach and thighs twice daily, and my upper back, lower back, neck, calves, bicepts and shoulders once daily.

How does this routine sound to you people, let me know what you think and I will let you know how I get on with it. I am expecting to obtain rapid improvement in minimum time and minimum boredone with this routine.
Bye.
combat crew
Last Name: Mickey
First Name: Mouse
Address: Out of this world
Phone: 1234567890

Re: Ten Steps To A Better Body & Perpetuals. Combining the two.

Post by combat crew »

HI STANSSOAPBOX.

I THINK YOU HAVE A NICE MIX,THERE WITH YOUR TRAINING.

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR OVERTRAINING, LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON WITH IT.

ALL THE BEST IAN
stanssoapbox

Post by stanssoapbox »

Thanks Ian, sure will.
Stan.
AlanOldstudent
Last Name: Stancliff
First Name: Alan
Address: 3810SJStreetTacomaWA 98418 5038

Post by AlanOldstudent »

combat crew wrote:HI STANSSOAPBOX.

I THINK YOU HAVE A NICE MIX,THERE WITH YOUR TRAINING.

KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR OVERTRAINING, LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON WITH IT.

ALL THE BEST IAN
Hi Ian,

I am pretty new to this. But I wanted to ask, does twice daily (or even daily) strength training result in over-training? I am concerned about that.

I have been doing DT now for about a week and a half, and I feel better and stronger, but I am a senior citizen. Would I be better off doing them 2-times-a-day on alternate days and maybe doing aerobic walking on the alternate days?

Regards,

Alan
stanssoapbox

Post by stanssoapbox »

Hi Alan.
At the moment I am aiming to train twice daily but usually only managing once and aiming to trian seven days a week but ussaully end up having the weekend off. But at least my time off is consistant ( evenings and weekends) which I feel yealds better results than inconsistancy.

Personally I am still seeing an improvement in muscle definition with this system so I can't be undertraining and I know that I am not overtraining because I know I am capable of doing double this by doing the perpetuals in the evening.

On the occasions that I perform the Perpetuals in the evenings as well as the morning workout I find that doubling the workout really does double the results but it does seem to leave me feeling overtrained after about a week which is when I give myself a couple of days off then go back to just doing the 'Tens Steps' routine in the mornings for a few weeks.

Of course everyone is different and only our own bodies can tell us when we need to cut down or take a break.
Yours Stan.