Quotes

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
Arjuna
Last Name: Del Toro
First Name: Ken
Address: 1155 Camino Del Mar PMB 178 Del Mar CA 92014

Re: Quotes

Post by Arjuna »

Henry Marczak wrote:"The truest SUCCESS is but the development of self."
I like that quote from Henry, it makes a lot of sense and definitely resonates with my being.

Mr. Marczak, a quick question for you; I know you do Charles Atlas and also Tai Chi. I do Charles Atlas, Tai Chi, Qigong, Meditation, and Yoga; just curious if and how the Charles Atlas exercises help you with your Tai Chi practice or is it the other way around? I do find that my other (holistic) practices, do help with my Charles Atlas exercises and vice versa.

In regards to quotes: "Each day is a new beginning and another opportunity to WAKE UP from this DREAM."

Wishing everyone a Happy 4th of July 2012.
emfermi
Last Name: Fermi
First Name: Luis
Address: Pancho Fierro 130A Street Lima 27 Peru
Phone: 5114228670

Post by emfermi »

The first sentence of Lesson 1 and the one that dictates the whole philosophy of the course. Excellent pick Henry :D

As a corollary, I would like to add: "Aim to develop strength of character as well as strength of muscle. Make discipline an ally rather than an enemy"
lancers
Last Name: Ducharme
First Name: Craig
Address: PO Box 12 Stuarts Draft Virginia 24477
Phone: 5408496811

Post by lancers »

It makes a person appreciate such quotes. They are not only a great reminder, but keeps things in perspective.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Post by Henry Marczak »

Arjuna wrote:just curious if and how the Charles Atlas exercises help you with your Tai Chi practice or is it the other way around?
I originally became an Atlas student approx in 1971 UK but lacked discipline, 1979 I started Tai Chi Chuan and became disciplined in daily training. I was surprised that one day I noticed muscular development in my legs, something that I never thought about. Sword training eliminated a painful ganglion I had on my wrist for several years. It was till A&E aired the biography on Charles Atlas that I became very interested in a Dynamic Tension reboot. I have done a lot of calisthenics over the years from Yoga, Tai Chi and Aikido, Dynamic Tension is in harmony with this way of health and fitness.
Arjuna
Last Name: Del Toro
First Name: Ken
Address: 1155 Camino Del Mar PMB 178 Del Mar CA 92014

Post by Arjuna »

Henry Marczak wrote:I have done a lot of calisthenics over the years from Yoga, Tai Chi and Aikido, Dynamic Tension is in harmony with this way of health and fitness.
Mr. Marczak, thank you for sharing your experiences over the years. It is great to know that Dynamic Tension, as you say; "is in harmony with this way of health and fitness". That makes it that much more appealing, knowing I'm on the right track.

Thanks again!