Come on, let's get this party started!

Talk about your course experiences, ask questions of fellow Atlas Students and have fun!
Marine0861
Last Name: Williams
First Name: Stephen
Address: TEXAS

Come on, let's get this party started!

Post by Marine0861 »

Where is every one? Every time I come to the forum I always see all kinds of "guests" lurking about, and yes I was one of them! Well, it's time to get this forum going again!

Let me start by saying that many years ago I used Dynamic Tension and the CA course AND IT DID WORK! Like everything else life gets in the way, careers, wives/girlfriends, kids, other interests, etc. well, I'm about to embark on the course again as I found it just a week ago after I moved. Over the last couple of years I've purchased THREE Ten Steps to a Better Body boxes because I loved the first one I bought so much. I've went back and reread the entire course twice the other night, and I'll be passing it on to my son along with all the gems that Mr. Atlas put in it so many, many years ago!

Don't believe the naysayers! You do NOT need weights or any other gadgets to get strong and muscular! I have to laugh when I read all these other forums downgrading Dynamic Tension WHEN THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN TRIED IT! That's like saying a Ferrari isn't fast because I've never driven one.

As a former U.S. Marine and avid world-watcher, I can say with a grim hear that I don't like where we are heading, as a Nation, as a country, and as the Human Race. If we ever needed Charles Atlas, it is now. The time to get strong and fit is NOW, people.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Come on, let's get this party started!

Post by Henry Marczak »

Exercise such as what's in the Dynamic Tension System is more popular now then it ever was, there's a big trend towards bodyweight fitness. I see lean people out running everyday, and working out without gym equipment.

I would say that the Atlas course is a very sensible method that can be practiced by everybody. For me at 62 the Atlas style is it. At my age I am quite fit, work 4 days a week for a construction company as a general labourer, haha my weight is 140lbs and let me tell you that I have a 32" waist sporting a lean six-pack.

There is a lot of great exercises not found in other training methods such as the Atlas self-resistance type moves which are the best in therapeutic exercise around.
Marine0861

Post by Marine0861 »

Hey Henry! Thanks for posting, I love hearing how it works for the people who really try it. I've been the gym rat before, I've been lifting weights off and on for over 30 years, and have had good success with pumping iron. Funny thing is, when I did the CA course it just made me feel better, no achy joints and stiffness, and YES I did grow muscle and got harder, and it offers a great pump as well. After re-reading Lesson 1 a few weeks ago, I went right to work and did it, and there was that great feeling I had missed so many years ago, and MAN, what a pump! Last week, I called and cancelled my gym membership. At 45 years of age now, well, let's just say the older you get the wiser as well.

Now let me go back to what I was saying earlier in this post, re: success with weight lifting. While I did have success, guess what? There are so many guys at the gym I went to that has been going for YEARS, yet still look the same. Let me tell everyone reading the secret to success with Dynamic Tension. Take Mr. Atlas' words to heart, he was telling you in the course what you got to do (and most people still don't do it regardless of what exercise they do!). You've got to THINK into the muscle, coddle it, mentally focus on what you are doing, tell it to GROW. Don't mindlessly go through the motions while you're thinking about Veronica or Betty. Next, get some protein in your system. This is crucial to build muscle. Drink plenty of water, your bodily system and muscles (and future muscles) need it. Be consistent with your training - you think you can just work out 2 or 3 days per week, take a week or two off, and still build muscle? And finally, get off the X-Box and get some sleep! Sleep is very crucial to gaining muscle mass. One last thing I just thought of, and again this is mentioned in the Dynamic Tension course, is to use visualization. That's what we call it now, yet Mr. Atlas was telling you to do it before it even had a name!
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Haha! someone gave me an video game station a couple of years ago, I must admit I like rpg games and sit back and play for an hour but I'm not obsessed like some other friends who play into the wee hours online as a social thing. I find time to work, rest and play.

Recently I've been eating quite clean and getting rid of a little belly-fat, and down to 138lbs. I'm 5' 9" and have always been skinny and now at my teenage weight. My next step is to stay lean and see if I can build some muscle. I'm more focused on calisthenics and job site labouring, eating sensible clean real food (no snack bars or processed stuff). Cut back on bread and switched to organic sprouted breads, instead of the usual sandwiches I took to work I now have a couple of chicken drumsticks for 1st break and lunch in meat with salad, I eat fruit, plain yogurt with fruit and nuts..
SPEARHEAD
Last Name: Head
First Name: Spear
Address: 3 Earth Milky Way Galaxy

Post by SPEARHEAD »

We want to maintain a proper balance. Too much work can kill you. Too much rest and play will impoverish you, which in turn can kill you.

My apologies for not posting sooner. Life is indeed full of things that eat up our time and prevent us from posting on here as much as we could.

The critics of Dynamic Tension have either not tried it, or they did, but got disappointing results because they didn't do it correctly. If the course is performed correctly, it will deliver everything it promises within ones genetic limits. It doesn't use bodybuilding drugs, so don't expect to get the results that can only be obtained from using those drugs. Some might scorn me for saying this, but if one's genetics are right, one can use Dynamic Tension to get Steve Reeves quality results. One's genetics will be the biggest limiting factor.

Charles Atlas' Dynamic tension course is the only one a person needs to build physical perfection. It won't break your bank. It won't make you ugly and bloated looking. It won't ruin your health. It will build for you a perfect physique you can keep, and not one of those you'll have to let go of in the "off season." It will build for you useful muscle and strength, not the useless ornamental stuff you see so much of today. The body it builds for you won't be the kind that will get in your way. And you'll still be able to buy your clothes at a store instead of from a tailor. A body that real men will respect and real women will admire. Dynamic Tension will build for you the perfect body mother nature meant for you to have - not the one a chemist or ever changing bodybuilder culture means for you to have. And it's the safest method in existence. But you will have to follow the instructions religiously. You have to do the exercises properly. And you may have to do some experimenting to find out how many sets, etc. you need to do to make them work. How long it'll take for you to get the body you want all depends on what you want, and where you are at now. It's a 3 month course, but I advise you to make a lifetime commitment to it. You won't regret it.
Marine0861

Post by Marine0861 »

Right on the money, Spearhead! I'm one of the lucky ones, kind of, when it comes to genetics. I say "kind of" because I have a tendency to put on fat. However, I'm sitting at 16.8" arms that are hard as a rock, I have a barrel chest that grows quite easily, as well as my thighs. When I shed the extra fat (which is my goal right now, with a little building) my quads get mega-defined and you can name each muscle quite easily. I already have a very broad back, and I stopped doing calf work over 10 years ago, even unweighted calf raises will cause my calves not to fit in a pair of regular jeans. But right now, it's about cutting. I need to drop 80 pounds of fat, at least. But I will be using Dynamic Tension and the CA course exclusively on my mission. I'm a former Marine and have let myself go for too many years. I have a new goal now, I want that Atlas trophy! I hope they still give those to the guys who earn them. That's what I'm shooting for.
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

In all due respect, there is no such thing as a former Marine. Thank you for your service1 and have a happy Veterans day1 I tried to join the Marines over 3 decades ago, but I flunked the physical. Good luck on that trophy! I hope you win it.
Henry Marczak

Post by Henry Marczak »

Marine0861 wrote: I need to drop 80 pounds of fat, at least.
I was listening to advice from a bodybuilder video about how they get their bodies to burn fat efficiently. He said it was very hard to actually do but for 5 days go zero carbs, he repeated, absolutely zero carbs for 5 days. This will get your body into burning fat, then carbs mainly after a hard workout only. As you plateau you drop more calories basically eating chicken breasts and broccoli.
Marine0861

Post by Marine0861 »

Haha, thanks for the comments guys. Yeah, cutting carbs is the way to go for sure. I'm kinda going the route of more protein less carbs, but also following a diet I learned in another diet - I know it works because I used it before. As far as cardio, I won't have the time for long walks, but for muscle maintenance and building it's 100% Atlas, heavy on the DT and Chair Dips (pushups)!
SPEARHEAD

Post by SPEARHEAD »

You can substitute the long walks with speed walking. The goal is to walk 1 mile in 10 minutes or less. As fast as you can without jogging. 5 days a week. You don't have to get out to do it if you don't want to - if you have a place at home, like a long hallway, or long walk to the back gate, etc. If you have something like that at home, you can do the 10 minute mile in laps. Or you could skip rope. Atlas suggesteg skipping rope in one of his magazine articles.