Creating Motivation

Charles Atlas inspires millions to exercise and feel good about themselves. Talk about how Charles Atlas has inspired you. Success stories from Atlas Students!
ca_admin
Site Admin

Creating Motivation

Post by ca_admin »

Sometimes you feel unmotivated. What are you to do? How about change up where you are walking. Go a different direction or to a different location than you normally do. Pick some place that you love and sit and take an air bath in that area. What is an air bath? Just sit in your favorite location and breathe while looking around. Then get up and slowly walk in that area. Take in the sounds as well. This will give you renewed sense of the world around you, nature, and yourself. Then restart your exercises. Sometimes even walking in the rain with an umbrella is a nice change up. You can hear the sounds of the rain around you and it changes the smell in the area. Of course, do not walk when it is a bad storm out, but light rain is fine. If you are concerned about getting a chill, bring a wind breaker. Just some thoughts for you to get out of the doldrums that being unmotivated causes.
Henry Marczak
Last Name: Mars attack
First Name: Henry
Address: Ontario Canada
Phone: 5194576319

Re: Creating Motivation

Post by Henry Marczak »

I often walk in the rain without a brolly. I walk to the senior centre gym and sometimes it's drizzly. I try to challenge the fitter members to doing pull-ups or chin-up, push-up of all kinds and often on a medicine ball. I'll hang from a chin-up bar and lift feet to touch the bar (for reps) I always do sit-ups and leg-overhead raises. The Smith machine has handles on each side with cables, really good for one leg squatting and even dragon squats.

I go to the senior centre gym 5 days a week, keeps me well motivated.
Always walk (15 mins each way) come home do my half hour of tai chi forms and a headstand and some other yoga exercise. My wife and I will then go for a walk, often different routes and directions.

My building is mainly older folks so very social. Our building has a great indoor pool, I'll do breaststroke lengths underwater with goggles on for half an hour.